Evelyn: Don't worry about 'why' when 'what' is right in front of you. (The Shape of Things)

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Driving... home

I drive to school. Everyday, almost. And I listen to music and sing along. I speed, usually. And... think... but today I had a flashback.

I remembered when I was really little, and our family would be back home from whatever we went to see (countryside, sea, mountains)... and I remembered that road home, the curves and sights and I liked to look out the window of the car and see... what? What was there to see?
Not much. But that was everything. They all looked so familiar "We're almost home!" I and my brother said, we were... close enough. It was that strange sense of warmth and... and... places... full of memories, thoughts, little things that only kids notice. Things like some strange plants hanging outside a balcony, or the way a street curves left and then right like a snake, or the library with red lights on one corner... or some traffic light that always had a weird green color. Aw, man!
We had a really old car. But it had a name :)... Bianca. Yeah, that was it. And whenever dad put gas in, it'd smell really bad inside, and my brother and I hated that smell. We always wanted to stop on a long journey and breathe some fresh air. All that stupid gas made us dizzy. Yeah.

The way home... who would've thought that my short 15 minute ride home today would bring back those memories. Different country, place, no highway mostly... Oh, gosh. Does it mean I feel at home here, now? Does it just mean that I miss home?
Anyhow, I'm now definitely nostalgic about it...

Ah, childhood memories...

2 comments:

I said...

any good music around...a newness smth:-? nu scapi de realitate nici knd mori(asta a propos d un post anterior) ...cf circuitului metempsihotic;)scapi doar cu LSD..definitiv!

Paul said...

foarte tare poza.
yes, actually, i've got some songs lately. one of which i think you might like.
de ce zici ca nu scapi de realitate decat cu LSD? cred ca cele doua (realitate & irealitate=dreams, hallucinations, etc) variaza in proportie in fiecare stare, in fiecare clipa. nu poti sa scapi de niciuna...
hmm... :)

ce sadica esti :-?, curios de sadica.